CALL FOR EXPERTS – Ecodesign Standardisation
ECOS is looking for experts in the field of energy-related products under the ecodesign framework to provide us with technical and scientific input and represent ECOS position in the development of standards.
The candidates should have expertise in one or several of the below product groups:
- ICT products
- Space and water heaters
- White goods
- Professional refrigeration
- Cooking appliances
- Vacuum cleaners
- High-pressure cleaners
- Smart appliances
- Servers & data centres
- Ventilation units
- Solar photovoltaics
- Imaging equipment
- Lighting products
- Air conditioners
- Heat pumps
- Horizontal material efficiency aspects
The nominated experts will:
- Participate in technical meetings of CEN/CENELEC (and ISO/IEC where appropriate) to promote ECOS positions;
- Prepare technical input through official comments and position papers;
- Report to and liaise with the relevant ECOS Programme Manager;
- Exchange information with ECOS member organisations and other experts as needed.
Interested candidates should be able to demonstrate in-depth knowledge in the specific product group(s). Experience with and understanding of the EU ecodesign and energy labelling regulatory framework, as well as energy and resource efficiency policies and standardisation developments will be considered a strong asset. Candidates should demonstrate strong commitment to environmental NGO values and have proven written and oral communication and negotiation skills. Fluency in English and willingness to travel are required.
- A daily fee for preparation of meetings, participation and reporting (and for other relevant tasks);
- Reimbursement of travel costs;
- Per diem to cover the subsistence costs;
- Coverage of accommodation costs.
Please send your CV and cover letter outlining your motivation, indicating the product categories of your expertise, and demonstrating your suitability to support and represent ECOS to Nerea Ruiz Fuente at firstname.lastname@example.org by 13 February 2020 COB. Applications will be assessed by the secretariat on a rolling basis, applying ECOS procurement policy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.