ECOS is hiring! – Senior Manager, Standardisation
We are looking for a Senior Manager – Standardisation, who would be responsible for overseeing ECOS engagement within the standardisation system.
Application deadline: 5 April 2021
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Manager – Standardisation, who would be responsible for overseeing ECOS’ engagement within the standardisation system. The candidate will be a strong negotiator and networker, with good diplomatic skills, and a flair for engaging with stakeholders, including standardisers, policy-makers, industry, and environmental NGOs.
The Senior Manager will be responsible for:
- developing a strong network in the standardisation system to improve the ECOS footprint, its reputation, and ability to effectively participate;
- coordinating ECOS standardisation work;
- growing the engagement of ECOS in standardisation across the globe;
- supporting the implementation of the ECOS Strategy on the appropriate use of standards, inclusiveness at the national, European, and international level.
Their tasks comprise:
- Seek to develop the ECOS footprint internationally, notably by networking and engaging with National Standardisation Bodies (NSBs) to facilitate the effective participation of environmental stakeholders in standardisation processes, as well as European and international standardisation organisations.
- Represent ECOS in designated and relevant groups of the European institutions, including the Committee on Standards, and maintain & develop relationship with EC officials in the DG GROW Standardisation Unit, other DG GROW Units, and other DGs.
- Promote the role of ECOS and its objectives to the United Nations, WTO, and EC and EFTA.
- Responsible for the drafting & submission of the Article 24 report, ECOS response to the AUWP, and oversee the ECOS engagement on the preparation of Standardisation Requests.
- Coordinate the timely submission of funding applications to the European Commission & EFTA, and timely reporting to the European Commission & EFTA, including the Operating Grant and Action Grants.
- Represent ECOS in designated and relevant strategic groups of the standards bodies, including BTs, SSG, & 3SI Programme, and ensure ECOS is suitably represented in horizontal & strategic groups of the standards bodies, including CEN-CENELEC SABE, Policy groups, IEC ACEA, and coordinate with Programme Managers on their engagement with key horizontal bodies, including policy groups, CG-ACC, CG Ecodesign.
- Manage information sharing, tools and training for ECOS staff, members and experts on standardisation, including:
- the organisation of the ECOS Annual Member & Expert Training programme & material
- develop, manage & implement onboarding & training programme for staff
- Coordinate and facilitate the participation of ECOS members in the standardisation system, including at the national level.
Skills and experience required:
- University degree in environmental sciences, engineering, or relevant discipline.
- Five+ years relevant working experience in the standardisation field.
- Excellent understanding of the standardisation system and processes.
- Strong, networking and negotiation skills. Good diplomatic skills.
- Excelent understanding of EU policy making processes.
- Familiarity with European Union funded projects.
- Strong analytical skills & ability to translate technical information into digestible information
- Fluent English, other languages an asset.
What we offer
- An open-ended Belgian contract with a competitive salary package including additional benefits (meal vouchers, pension scheme, 13th month, insurances, public transport, eco-cheques) depending on skills and experience, according to the ECOS salary scale.
- A dynamic international working environment.
- Being part of a dedicated team whose common goal it is to protect the environment.
- A very pleasant working environment.
How to apply
Applicants are requested to send a letter of motivation explaining their suitability for the position together with a CV by 23:59 on 05 April 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Senior Manager – Standardisation: full name”.
The first round of interviews will take place remotely shortly after the application deadline.
When applying, please mention where you found the job ad.