ECOS is hiring – Programme Manager – Circular Economy
We are looking for a highly motivated Programme Manager to join our Circular Economy team and help reinforce our engagement in the development of policy and standards to move to a circular economy and make sustainable products the norm.
Deadline: 3 September 2021
Description of role:
In your role as part of the ECOS Circular Economy team, your focus will be on methodologies and tools to measure and communicate the environmental impacts of products on the one hand, and on pushing for the non-toxic design of products on the other. This will require leading ECOS advocacy strategy in areas such as the product/material passport, life cycle assessment methodologies, labelling & claims, and chemicals; all in close coordination with other members of the team.
Your main tasks will be to:
• Promote environmental interests in the proposal, development and revision of European and international policies and standards in the field of environmental assessment and chemicals, in cooperation with ECOS nominated experts and member organisations
• Manage ECOS participation in several EU funded projects
• Select, manage, and oversee technical experts to assist our work
• Represent ECOS in relevant meetings, such as meetings of standardisation organisations or European institutions and workshops, conferences and other fora
• Engage and collaborate with our members, other NGOs and stakeholders
• Develop regular updates, briefings, positions and publications for our target audiences
• Prepare funding applications and ensure proper reporting to funders
Skills and experience required:
• University degree in environmental sciences, engineering, or relevant discipline. Alternatively, a degree in social sciences with qualifying professional qualifications
• Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience
• Experience with European Union funded projects (notably Horizon Europe) is a strong asset
• Familiarity with life cycle assessment and/or chemicals is a plus
• Good understanding of EU policy making processes
• Interest in technical work and/or standardisation processes
• Commitment to the values, vision and mission of environmental NGOs
• Strong analytical skills & ability to translate technical information into digestible information
• Excellent time and project management skills
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
• Excellent writing, communication, networking and negotiation skills
• Fluent English, other languages an asset
What we offer:
• An open-ended Belgian contract with a competitive salary package including additional benefits (meal vouchers, pension scheme, 13th month, insurances, public transport, eco-cheques). Salary range for the position: 3.000-3.900 €, depending on skills and experience and according to the ECOS salary scale.
• A dynamic international working environment.
• Being part of a welcoming, pleasant and dedicated team whose common goal it is to protect the environment.
• A flexible working environment, with the possibility to partly telework.
How to apply:
Applicants should send a CV and cover letter by no later than 3 September 2021 to: email@example.com, with the subject line “PROGRAMME MANAGER-CIRCULAR ECONOMY: your name”. The first round of interviews will take place shortly after the application deadline. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
ECOS is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. At ECOS, we believe diversity is what makes our work richer and our team stronger. Your race, nationality, color, gender, age, religion, disability, status, or sexual orientation are NOT important to us, we value your knowledge and commitment. If you believe you can contribute to our common goal, we encourage you to apply.