Deadline extended! ECOS is hiring – Programme Manager – Buildings & construction
We are looking for a highly motivated Programme Manager to join our Circular Economy team and help reinforce our activities aiming to reduce the environmental footprint of buildings and construction products.
Deadline: 20 June 2021 COB
ECOS is an international NGO with a network of members and experts advocating for environmentally friendly technical standards, policies and laws. We ensure the environmental voice is heard when they are developed and drive change by providing expertise to policymakers and industry players, leading to the implementation of strong environmental principles.
ECOS is the only environmental NGO taking a holistic approach to building sustainability in both policy and standards, to address all environmental impacts of buildings and construction products throughout their lifecycle, from sourcing of raw materials to end-of-life.
Your main tasks will be to:
- Promote environmental interests in the proposal, development and revision of European and international policies and standards in the field of buildings & construction products, in cooperation with ECOS nominated experts and member organisations
- Select, manage, and oversee technical experts to assist our work
- Represent ECOS in relevant meetings, such as meetings of standardisation organisations or European institutions and workshops, conferences and other fora
- Engage and collaborate with our members, other NGOs and stakeholders
- Develop regular updates, briefings, positions and publications for our target audiences
- Prepare funding applications and ensure proper reporting to funders
Skills and experience required:
- University degree in environmental sciences, engineering, or relevant discipline.
Alternatively, a degree in social sciences with qualifying professional qualifications
- Good understanding of EU policy making processes
- Interest in technical work and/or standardisation processes
- Commitment to the values, vision and mission of environmental NGOs
- Familiarity with European Union funded projects
- Strong analytical skills & ability to translate technical information into digestible information
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent writing, communication, networking and negotiation skills
- Fluent English, other languages an asset
What we offer
- An open-ended Belgian contract with a competitive salary package including additional benefits (meal vouchers, pension scheme, 13th month, insurances, public transport, eco-cheques) depending on skills and experience, according to the ECOS salary scale.
- A dynamic international working environment.
- Being part of a dedicated team whose common goal it is to protect the environment.
- A very pleasant working environment.
How to apply:
Applicants should send a CV and cover letter by no later than 20 June 2021 COB to: email@example.com, with the subject line “PROGRAMME MANAGER-Construction: your name”. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. When applying, please mention where you found the job ad.