ECOS is hiring! – Programme Manager, Bioeconomy
We are looking for a highly motivated Programme Manager to join our Circular Economy team. The Programme Manager will manage our activities on bioeconomy, specifically on bio-based products, food systems, bioenergy and biodiversity.
Application deadline: 5 April 2021
Your main tasks will be to:
- Promote environmental interests in the proposal, development and revision of European and international policies and standards, notably in the field of bioeconomy (specifically on bio-based products, food systems, bioenergy and biodiversity), in cooperation with ECOS nominated experts and member organisations
- Develop positions on the use of biomaterials in the plastics, textiles and construction sectors, in close collaboration with relevant Programme Managers
- Develop and implement ECOS strategy on food-systems, bioenergy and biodiversity
- Select, manage, and oversee technical experts to assist our work
- Represent ECOS in relevant meetings, such as meetings of standardisation organisations or European institutions and workshops, conferences and other fora
- Engage and collaborate with our members, other NGOs and stakeholders
- Develop regular updates, briefings, positions and publications for our target audiences
- Prepare funding applications and ensure proper reporting to funders
Skills and experience required:
- University degree in environmental sciences, engineering, or relevant discipline.
Alternatively, a degree in social sciences with qualifying professional qualifications
- Proven expertise or interest in the environmental impacts of biological resources production or of their transformation into products/energy commodities
- Good understanding of EU policy making processes
- Interest in technical work and/or standardisation processes
- Commitment to the values, vision and mission of environmental NGOs
- Familiarity with European Union funded projects
- Strong analytical skills & ability to translate technical information into digestible information
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent writing, communication, networking and negotiation skills
- Fluent English, other languages an asset
What we offer
- An open-ended Belgian contract with a competitive salary package including additional benefits (meal vouchers, pension scheme, 13th month, insurances, public transport, eco-cheques) depending on skills and experience, according to the ECOS salary scale.
- A dynamic international working environment.
- Being part of a dedicated team whose common goal it is to protect the environment.
- A very pleasant working environment.
How to apply:
Applicants should send a CV and cover letter by no later than 5 April 2021 to: email@example.com, with the subject line “PROGRAMME MANAGER-Bioeconomy: your name”. The first round of interviews will take place early April. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. When applying, please mention where you found the job ad.