ECOS is hiring! – Partnerships & Development Manager (part time)
ECOS is looking for a motivated Partnerships & Development Manager (part time) to support the work of our Operations Team
Application deadline: 1 March 2021
The – Partnerships & Development Manager is responsible for developing a strategic approach to the continued development, growth, and impact of ECOS, with a particular focus on a proactive and strategic approach to fundraising.
ECOS is a Brussels-based international non-profit environmental organisation with an exceptional team supported by a network of technical experts and 50-member organisations. ECOS is the only environmental organisation worldwide specialised in standardisation.
ECOS is supported by the European Commission & EFTA with Framework Partnership Agreements under which we have Operating and Action Grants. We also have several H2020 projects and service contracts, and in particular we are seeking further philanthropic relationships. The organisation is financially robust with solid reserves.
Reporting directly to the Operations Director, the tasks more specifically comprise:
- Improve the profile of ECOS towards potential funders
- Actively seek out new partnerships, including campaigns and collaborations
- Actively seek out new funding for our organisation, identifying and developing relationships with potential new funders (philantrophic, multilateral institutions, …)
- Actively target international growth of the organisation focused on environmental priorities delivered at the international level
- Represent the organisation in relevant meetings with funders
- Implement and develop the Fundraising Strategy
- Seek funding for new and innovative workstreams, initiating concept notes and making the initial sell
- Work with the programme staff to develop their networking and fundraising skills, and engagement in fundraising work, and oversee the development of funding applications
- Mentor staff in their relationships with funders
- Maintain the database of funders, potential funders & research its development
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- 5+ years of experience working in a fundraising or networking role, e.g. for a donor or an NGO
- Track record of successful fundraising
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to represent ECOS in meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
- Problem-solving attitude, results-oriented, attention to detail, initiative and self-motivating.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English, and French or Dutch
- Experience of working within the non-profit sector.
- Demonstrated understanding of the challenges of working with EU institutional clients
- Experience of working with EU and non-EU foundations.
- Commitment to the environment
What we offer
- An open-ended Belgian contract with a competitive salary package including additional benefits (meal vouchers, pension scheme, 13th month, insurances, public transport, eco-cheques) depending on skills and experience, according to the ECOS salary scale.
- A dynamic international working environment
- Being part of a dedicated team whose common goal it is to protect the environment.
- A very pleasant working environment
Applicants are requested to send a letter of motivation explaining their suitability for the position together with a CV by 1 March 23:59 to email@example.com with the subject line “ Partnerships & Development Manager: full name”.
The first round of interviews will take place remotely shortly after the application deadline.