ECOS is hiring! – Internship in Climate & Energy
We are looking for a highly motivated Intern to join our Climate & Energy team, with a particular focus on the decarbonisation of the heating sector
Application deadline: 21 February
Your main tasks will be to:
- Assist programme managers in day-to-day tasks that relate to the inclusion of environmental aspects in policy and standards, in support of ECOS’ Climate and Energy work.
- Research, analyse and report on policy and standardisation developments related to:
- Ecodesign and energy labelling particularly with a focus on heating appliances
- Hydrogen, Batteries, and wider energy-related policies such as the Energy Efficiency Directive and the Renewable Energy Directive.
- Right to repair and EU product policy more broadly
- Assist programme managers in the development of communication material, including blog posts and articles
- Support the programme managers in the organisation of meetings and events
- Assist with fundraising, reporting and other administrative tasks
Skills and experience required:
- University degree in environmental sciences, engineering, or. a degree in political science with a focus on European affairs.
- Good understanding of EU policy-making process
- Commitment to the values, vision and mission of environmental NGOs
- Strong analytical skills & ability to present technical information in simple terms
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent writing, communication, networking skills
- Professional fluency in oral and written English, other languages are an asset
What we offer:
- A six months full-time internship under the CIP (Convention d’immersion professionnelle) framework.
- A dynamic international working environment
- Being part of a dedicated team whose common goal it is to protect the environment
How to apply:
Applicants should send a CV and cover letter by no later than 21 February 2021 to: email@example.com, with the subject line “INTERN-CLIMATE-ENERGY: your name”. The first round of interviews will take place shortly after the application deadline. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.