ECOS is hiring! – FINANCE & ADMIN ASSISTANT
ECOS is looking for a motivated Finance & Admin Assistant to support the work of our Operations Team
Application deadline: 25 November 2020
Your main tasks will be to:
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transaction are recorded
- Review and process expenses and payroll records
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Assist Finance & Grants Manager in the preparation of monthly closings
- Assist Finance & Grants Manager with the preparation of the audit, and financial reporting
- Assist with budgetary meetings with Programme Managers
- Oversee logistics and other administrative tasks as required
- Contribute to the organisation of meetings, conferences and events
- Prepare and format reports and documents
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail, deliveries and registered letters
- Make travel arrangements for ECOS’ staff (if eventually allowed to travel)
- Prepare travelling and meeting documentation and assist with expenses’ claims and other follow-up actions.
- Update and manage contact databases of experts, mailing lists, and physical and virtual filing systems (office filing & shared drive), sorting and archiving documents
- Ensure the good functioning of the office and maintaining a healthy and enjoyable work environment including through:
- Keeping the office clean and tidy, and handling regular maintenance tasks such as watering plants, prepare the office desk for meetings
- Managing office equipment & supplies, including placing order as needed
- Performing assigned tasks related to the operation of office equipment, such as printing, photocopying, and scanning
Skills and experience required:
- University bachelor’s degree in accountancy, finance, business administration, economics, or other related studies.
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- High proficiency in use of software systems: Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and accountancy systems, preferably Winbooks.
- Good with numbers and figures and a strong analytical acumen.
- Know-how in managing an office facility.
- Professional fluency in oral and written English (French is a big advantage).
Experience in managing EU funds would be an asset
What we offer:
• 6 months internship Convention d’Immersion Professionnelle
• Public transport reimbursement
• A dynamic international working environment
• Being part of a dedicated team whose common goal is to protect the environment
Applicants to should send a CV and cover letter by no later than midnight 25 November 2020 EOB to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Finance & Admin assistant: your name”. The first round of interviews will take place shortly after the application deadline. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.