ECOS is hiring! – COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
Reporting to and closely working with the Head of Communications, the Communication Officer will be responsible for the following activities:
Your main tasks will be to:
- Work with the Communications Team to develop and implement innovative Europe-wide communications campaigns and strategies;
- Re-think, produce and disseminate ECOS Newsletters;
- Create communications content of ECOS including press releases, annual reports, articles, opinion pieces, and publications;
- Ensure quality control, editing, proof reading and design of internal and external publications;
- Update and develop the ECOS website and intranet as needed;
- Plan and manage closed and public events;
- Develop and implement ECOS social media strategy;
- Lead on ECOS communication work in the framework of various campaigns and projects including H2020 projects.
Skills and experience required:
- At least two years of professional experience in a related field, preferably in an NGO environment;
- Fluent written and spoken English, with excellent editing and proof-reading skills (a must);
- Ability to make complex policy and technical issues easy to understand to a variety of audiences;
- Experience managing events;
- Good social media and marketing skills;
- Graphic design skills an asset;
- Good project and budget management and multi-tasking skills;
- Knowledge of the European Union, European environmental policy and standardisation;
What we offer:
- A one-year Belgian contract with a competitive salary package including additional benefits (meal vouchers, pension scheme, 13th month, insurances, public transport, eco-cheques) depending on skills and experience, according to our salary scale;
- A dynamic international working environment;
- Being part of a dedicated team whose common goal it is to protect the environment;
- European travel opportunities.
How to apply:
Send your CV and a cover letter (max. 1 page) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29 February 2020 EOB, indicating “COMMS OFFICER: your name” in the subject line.
The first round of interviews will take place shortly after the application deadline. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.