CALL FOR EXPERTS – WEEE treatment & recycling
ECOS is looking for experts in the field of treatment and recycling of Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment and batteries, to provide us with technical and scientific input and represent our position in the development of related standards.
The nominated experts will:
• Prepare technical input through official comments and position papers;
• Participate in technical meetings of CEN/CENELEC and/or ISO/IEC to promote ECOS’ position;
• Report to and liaise with the responsible ECOS Programme Manager;
• As requested, exchange information with ECOS member organisations and other experts.
Eligible experts should have in-depth knowledge about the following topics:
• Treatment and recycling of WEEE and waste batteries, with an emphasis on the environmental aspects;
• Extended Producer Responsibility, EU Battery Directive, collection and logistics;
• Depollution method and how to effectively eliminate substances of high concern;
• Preparation for reuse, material-efficient recycling and methodologies to determine recycled content;
• WEEELABEX and recycling of critical raw materials.
Interested candidates should be able to demonstrate in-depth knowledge in one or several of the specific items listed above. Experience with and the understanding of EU product policy will be considered a strong asset. Candidates should demonstrate strong commitment to environmental NGO values and have proven written and oral communication and negotiation skills. Fluency in English and willingness to travel are required.
• A daily fee for preparation of meetings, participation and reporting (and for other relevant tasks);
• Reimbursement of travel costs;
• Per diem to cover accommodation and subsistence costs.
Please send your CV and cover letter outlining your motivation and demonstrating your suitability to support and represent ECOS to firstname.lastname@example.org Application deadline: 31 May 2020 COB. Applications will be assessed by an internal selection panel on a rolling basis, applying ECOS procurement policy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.