CALL FOR EXPERTS – Steel for Construction
As part of global efforts to combat climate change, the European Steel industry is required to undergo great transformation in order to contribute to the decarbonisation process. Reducing emissions through innovations in energy and improving material circularity will be key. Construction sector accounts for over half of demand and emissions for steel globally. Experience in this sector is desired.
ECOS is looking for experts in the field of steel as part of our work on Energy Intensive Industries to represent and defend environmental interests in the development of standards. Our experts provide us with technical and scientific input and represent us in technical standardisation and policy discussions.
In this context the nominated experts will:
- Participate in relevant technical meetings at European level within CEN and internationally within ISO to promote the ECOS position;
- Prepare technical input through official comments and position papers;
- Report to and liaise with the relevant ECOS Programme Manager;
- As requested, exchange information with ECOS member organisations and other experts.
Interested candidates should be able to demonstrate in-depth technical / scientific knowledge in the topic area (and the absence of any conflict of interest). Candidates should demonstrate a strong commitment to environmental NGO values and have proven written and oral communication and negotiation skills. Experience with and understanding of the policy context and standardisation developments in the subject area will be considered a strong asset. Fluency in English is a must.
- A daily fee for preparation of meetings, participation and reporting, and for other relevant tasks;
- Reimbursement of travel costs;
- Per diem to cover accommodation and subsistence costs.
Please send your CV and cover letter outlining your motivation and demonstrating your suitability to support and represent ECOS to firstname.lastname@example.org by 06 December 2019 COB. Applications will be assessed by the secretariat, applying ECOS procurement policy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.