CALL FOR EXPERTS – Plastics
ECOS is looking for experts to support the implementation of the Single Use Plastics directive as well as other European policies relevant to plastics.
We are seeking experts with in-depth knowledge on:
• Sustainable product design, in particular with regards to tethered caps and lids, and the circular design of fishing gear
• Plastic as a material and its formulation in products (packaging, electronics, construction)
• Plastics waste management, including recycling operations and quality criteria for recycled plastics
• Chemicals in plastics
Interested candidates should be able to demonstrate in-depth technical knowledge in the topic area. Candidates should demonstrate a strong commitment to environmental NGO values and have proven written and oral communication and negotiation skills. Experience with and understanding of the policy context and standardisation developments in the subject area will be considered a strong asset. Fluency in English and willingness to travel are required.
• A daily fee for preparation of meetings, participation and reporting (and for other relevant tasks);
• Reimbursement of travel costs;
• Per diem to cover accommodation and subsistence costs.
Please send your CV and cover letter outlining your motivation and demonstrating your suitability to support and represent ECOS to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22 March 2020.
Applications will be assessed by an internal selection panel on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.