CALL FOR EXPERTS – Plastics Recycling
ECOS is looking for experts in the field of Plastics Recycling to represent and defend environmental interests in the development of standards and related policies. Our experts provide us with technical and scientific input and represent ECOS in standardisation processes and multi-stakeholder discussions.
The nominated experts will:
- Participate in technical meetings of CEN (and possibly ISO) meetings to promote ECOS position;
- Prepare technical input through official comments and contribution to ECOS position papers;
- Report to and liaise with the responsible ECOS Programme Manager;
- Exchange information with ECOS member organisations and other experts when needed.
Interested candidates should be able to demonstrate in-depth technical and scientific knowledge on plastics recycling. They should also have professional experience with one or more of the following aspects: collection and sorting of plastics waste; quality criteria for plastic recyclate & end of waste criteria for recycled plastic waste, and test methods (e.g. for chemical substances); state of the art mechanical and chemical recycling technology. Experience with and understanding of applicable waste legislation and other EU legislation impacting plastics recycling will be considered a strong asset.
- A daily fee for preparation of meetings, participation and reporting, as well as other relevant tasks;
- Reimbursement of travel costs;
- Per diem to cover accommodation and subsistence costs.
Please send your CV and cover letter outlining your motivation and demonstrating your suitability to support and represent ECOS to Fanny Rateau at email@example.com by 10 November 2020 COB. Applications will be assessed by the secretariat on a rolling basis, applying ECOS procurement policy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.