Become an ECOS Expert!
ECOS regularly issues specific calls for experts, but we also continually look for expertise in a number of areas.
Would you like to represent ECOS and promote the environmental interests in the development of standards and technical environmental policies?
We are always looking for experts who are willing to provide technical and scientific input to our staff and represent the organisation in technical discussions. This support will take place in accordance with ECOS strategy and European policy context, and include participation in meetings of the European and international standardisation organisations, Ecodesign process, and European Commission expert groups.
ECOS regularly issues specific calls for experts, but we also continually look for expertise in the following areas:
- Climate change & clean energy: Cement, Refrigerants, Climate adaptation & climate finance, Smart Homes & Buildings, Electric vehicles
- Circular Economy – Product design and production processes: Environmental Management, Bio-economy, Chemicals, Nanomaterials, Air quality, Ecodesign & energy labelling policies, regulations & standards
- Circular Economy – Turning waste into a resource and waste management: Sludge and organic fertilisers, Secondary raw materials, Waste characterisation & management, Plastics, Waste electronics
The experts will be responsible for:
- Promoting ECOS views in technical committees and working groups of the standardisation organisations, ecodesign fora, and European Commission’s expert groups
- Participating in standardisation & ecodesign meetings, and influencing the process between meetings
- Preparing technical input including technical comments or position papers with the ECOS secretariat
- Actively monitoring and reporting on key technical developments in the area of expertise
- Participating in ECOS Taskforces to exchange information with ECOS member organisations and other experts
Interested candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- An in-depth knowledge in the topic area
- Experience with and understanding of the policy context of the topic area
- A strong commitment to environmental NGO values
- No conflict of interest
- Fluency in English is a must.
What we offer:
- A competitive daily remuneration (defined by ECOS funders) for meeting preparation, participation and reporting, as well as for any other tasks performed between meetings
- Reimbursement of travel costs
- Per diem to cover accommodation and subsistence costs
If interested, please send your CV and cover letter outlining your motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org, including mentions of relevant expertise and experience, and where you found this call for experts.
Please indicate in the subject line of your email the topic(s) you are interested in.