Become an ECOS ecodesign Expert!
ECOS is always on the lookout for experts in the field of energy-related products under the ecodesign framework to provide us with technical and scientific input and represent ECOS position in the development of ecodesign regulatory measures.
Do you have expertise in the Ecodesign framework and one or several of the products or horizontal topics listed below? Apply to join our pool of experts!
The candidates should have expertise in one or several of the areas below:
- ICT products
- TVs & electronic displays
- Servers & networking equipment
- Game consoles
- Complex set-top boxes
- Household appliances, including kettles
- Industrial products
- Heating appliances (space heaters (including heat pumps) water heaters, solid fuel boilers)
- Refrigeration & cooling appliances
- Lighting products & systems
- Solar photovoltaics
- Smart appliances & building automation
- Uninterruptible & external power supplies
- Taps & showerheads
- Horizontal aspects, such as the reform of the Ecodesign Directive and the underlying methodology, Ecodesign Working Plan, material efficiency considerations or
Selected experts will be responsible for:
- Preparing technical input for the participation in the development of preparatory ecodesign studies;
- Preparing technical input for the participation in the discussions of draft ecodesign and energy labelling measures;
- Preparing technical input in relation to positioning on questions of horizontal nature when relevant;
- Reporting to and liaise with the relevant ECOS Programme Manager;
- Exchanging information with ECOS member organisations and other experts as needed.
Interested candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- in-depth knowledge in the specific product group(s) or horizontal topics
- experience with and understanding of the EU Ecodesign and Energy Labelling regulatory framework, as well as energy and resource efficiency policies
- strong commitment to environmental NGO values
- no conflict of interest
- proven written and oral communication and negotiation skills.
What we offer:
- A competitive daily remuneration (defined by ECOS funders) for preparation of technical input and participation in meetings;
- Reimbursement of travel costs;
- Per diem allowance to cover accommodation and subsistence costs.
If interested, please send your CV and cover letter outlining your motivation, indicating the product categories of your expertise at individual product level, and demonstrating your suitability to support and represent ECOS to email@example.com. Applications will be assessed by the secretariat on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.