ECOS is hiring – Trainee – Finance & Admin
The Finance and Admin Trainee will support the work of the Operations team in the ECOS Secretariat, and in particular the Finance and Grants Manager and HR and Administration Officer.
Deadline: 15 October 2021
Reporting to Finance and Grants Manager his/her main tasks include:
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transaction are recorded
- Review and process expenses and payroll records
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Assist Finance & Grants Manager in the preparation of monthly closings
- Assist Finance & Grants Manager with the preparation of the audit, and financial reporting
- Assist with budgetary meetings with Programme Managers
- Oversee logistics and other administrative tasks required
- Contribute to the organisation of meetings, conferences, and events
- Preparing travelling and meeting documentation and assisting with expenses’ claims from experts, staff and events’ participants
- Updating and managing contact databases of experts, mailing lists, and physical and virtual filing systems (office filing & shared drive), sorting and archiving documents
- Preparing, formatting and managing correspondence, reports, and documents
- Managing incoming and outgoing calls and mails
- Ensuring the good functioning of the office and maintaining a healthy and enjoyable work environment including through:
- Implementing and maintaining office systems
- Managing office equipment & supplies, including placing order as needed
It should be noted that the above list is not exhaustive and other tasks may be required as needed, providing they remain within the remit of the staff competences and skills.
Skills and experience required
- University bachelor’s degree in accountancy, finance, business administration, economics, or other related studies.
- Good understand of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- High proficiency in use of software systems: Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and accountancy systems, preferably Winbooks.
- Professional fluency in oral and written English (French is a desirable).
Previous experience in a finance/accounting role would be an asset.
What we offer:
- 6 months internship Convention d’Immersion Professionnelle (monthly allowence €1000)
- Public transport reimbursement and meal vouchers
- A dynamic international working environment
- Being part of a dedicated team whose common goal it is to protect the environment
How to apply:
Applicants should send a CV and cover letter by no later than Friday 15 October 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “TRAINEE – FINANCE AND ADMIN: your name”. The first round of interviews will take place shortly after the application deadline. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.