CALL FOR EXPERTS – Textiles & chemicals
ECOS is looking for experts in the field of textiles and chemicals to represent and defend environmental interests in the development of standards and related policies. Our experts provide us with technical and scientific input and represent ECOS in standardisation processes and multi-stakeholder discussions.
ECOS works to transform the textiles sector, ensuring its circularity, durablility as well as fair and sustainable production. We put particular focus on design for durability, reuse and repairability. We also advocate for a complete elimination of hazardous chemicals, which will ensure the safety of circular material flows.
Interested candidates should be able to demonstrate in-depth technical and scientific knowledge on at least one of the following topics:
- Chemicals in textiles (during production and on final products), hazardous substances (additives, dyes, finishing products, etc.), test methods for analysis of restricted substances and chemical management throughout the value chain,
- Circularity performance of textiles, including material efficiency aspects such as durability, repairability and recyclability,
- Sustainable product design, including circular design aspects, substances of concern, microfiber releases, microplastics ecotoxicity
Candidates should demonstrate strong commitment to environmental NGO values and have proven written and oral communication and negotiation skills. Fluency in English and willingness to travel are required.
The nominated experts will:
- Participate in technical meetings of CEN (and possibly ISO) to promote ECOS position;
- Prepare technical input through official comments and contribution to ECOS position papers;
- Report to and liaise with the responsible ECOS Programme Manager;
- Exchange information with ECOS member organisations and other experts when needed.
- A daily fee for preparation of meetings, participation and reporting, and/or other technical work;
- Reimbursement of travel costs;
- Per diem to cover accommodation and subsistence costs.
Please send your CV and cover letter outlining your motivation and demonstrating your suitability to support and represent ECOS to Valeria Botta (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 01/09/2021 COB. Applications will be assessed by the secretariat on a rolling basis, applying ECOS procurement policy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.