CALL FOR EXPERTS – Reusable packaging
ECOS is looking for experts in the field of reusable packaging systems to represent and defend environmental interests in the development of standards and related policies. Our experts provide us with technical and scientific input and represent ECOS in standardisation processes and multi-stakeholder discussions.
The nominated experts will:
- Participate in relevant technical meetings of CEN and ISO to promote ECOS position;
- Prepare technical input through official comments and position papers;
- Report to and liaise with the responsible ECOS Programme Manager;
- As requested, exchange information with ECOS member organisations and other experts.
Interested candidates should be able to demonstrate in-depth technical / scientific knowledge in the topic area. Candidates should demonstrate a strong commitment to environmental NGO values and have proven written and oral communication and negotiation skills. Experience with and understanding of the policy context and standardisation developments in the subject area will be considered a strong asset. Fluency in English and willingness to travel are required.
In addition to the core topics of reusable packaging, knowledge of the following topics is desirable: sustainability performance of reusable packaging systems, stakeholder consultation.
• A daily fee for preparation of meetings, participation and reporting (and for other relevant tasks);
• Reimbursement of travel costs;
• Per diem to cover accommodation and subsistence costs.
Please send your CV and cover letter outlining your motivation and demonstrating your suitability to support and represent ECOS to email@example.com by 30th September 2021 COB. Applications will be assessed by the secretariat. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.