CALL FOR EXPERTS – Refrigerating and cooling appliances
ECOS is looking for experts in the field of refrigerating and cooling appliances to represent and defend environmental interests in the development of ecodesign and energy labelling regulations as well as standards for these products. Our experts provide us with technical and scientific input and represent ECOS in standardisation processes and multi-stakeholder discussions. ECOS work in this area spans professional, commercial and household refrigerating appliances.
We are currently looking for one or more experts who can help provide scientific and technical input to underpin our arguments, and who can represent ECOS in relevant fora. Interested candidates should be able to demonstrate in-depth technical and scientific knowledge on refrigerating appliances, particularly
with regards to their energy performance and sustainable use of materials. Candidates should also demonstrate a strong commitment to environmental NGO values and have proven written and oral communication and negotiation skills. Experience with and understanding of the policy context and standardisation developments in the subject area will be considered a strong asset. Fluency in English is required.
The nominated experts will:
- Prepare technical input through official comments and contribution to ECOS position papers;
- Participate in technical meetings in European and international standardisation organisations (CEN/CENELEC and ISO/IEC) to promote ECOS position;
- Report to and liaise with the responsible ECOS Programme Manager;
- Exchange information with ECOS member organisations and other experts when needed.
- A daily fee for preparation of meetings, participation and reporting, as well as other relevant tasks;
- Reimbursement of travel costs;
- Per diem to cover accommodation and subsistence costs.
Please send your CV and cover letter outlining your motivation and demonstrating your suitability to support and represent ECOS to Carolina Koronen (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 24-09-2021 COB. Applications will be assessed by the secretariat on a rolling basis, applying ECOS procurement
policy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.