CALL FOR EXPERTS – Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
We are looking for experts in the field of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to represent and defend environmental interests in the development of standards and related policies. Our experts provide us with technical and scientific input and represent ECOS in standardisation processes and multi-stakeholder discussions.
To support our work to move to a circular economy, mainstream circular business models and make sustainable products the norm, we are looking for an expert who could focus on the PPE sector, ensuring its safety, circularity, durability as well as fair and sustainable production.
Eligible experts will have in-depth knowledge in several or all of the following topics:
- Circularity performance of PPE, including material efficiency aspects such as durability, repairability and recyclability,
- Sustainable product design, including circular design aspects, substances of concern, etc.
- The use and management of hazardous substances in PPE.
Interested candidates should be able to demonstrate in-depth knowledge in one or several of the specific items listed above. Experience with and understanding of EU product policy will be considered a strong asset. Candidates should demonstrate strong commitment to environmental NGO values and have proven written and oral communication and negotiation skills. Fluency in English and willingness to travel are required.
The nominated experts will:
- Participate in technical meetings of CEN (and possibly ISO) to promote ECOS position;
- Prepare technical input through official comments and contribution to ECOS position papers;
- Report to and liaise with the responsible ECOS Programme Manager;
- Exchange information with ECOS member organisations and other experts when needed.
- A daily fee for preparation of meetings, participation and reporting, and/or other technical work;
- Reimbursement of travel costs;
- Per diem to cover accommodation and subsistence costs.
Please send your CV and cover letter outlining your motivation and demonstrating your suitability to support and represent ECOS to Valeria Botta (email@example.com) by 01/12/2021 COB. Applications will be assessed by the secretariat on a rolling basis, applying ECOS procurement policy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.