CALL FOR EXPERTS – GHG accounting & carbon neutrality
ECOS is looking for experts in the field of greenhouse gas emissions accounting methods, with a focus on GHG emissions from Energy Intensive Industries and carbon neutrality, to provide us with technical and scientific input and represent ECOS position in the development of standards.
The candidates should have expertise in one or several of the below:
- GHG accounting & Carbon footprint
- Carbon neutrality
- Avoided emissions
- Emissions from Energy Intensive Industries, including industrial process emissions
- Emissions from Energy Production processes
- GHG offset accounting
- Accounting of biogenic carbon content
- Life Cycle Assessment
- LCA in the field of waste management
The nominated experts will:
- Participate in technical meetings of ISO, IEC, CEN and/or CENELEC to promote ECOS positions;
- Prepare and support delivery technical input through official comments and position papers;
- Report to and liaise with the relevant ECOS Programme Manager(s);
- Exchange information with ECOS member organisations and other experts as needed.
Interested candidates should be able to demonstrate in-depth knowledge in the chosen specific area above. Experience with and understanding of GHG accounting methods used in EU legislation will be considered a strong asset. Candidates should demonstrate strong commitment to environmental NGO values and have proven written and oral communication and negotiation skills. Fluency in English and willingness to travel are required.
- A ddaily fee for preparation of meetings, participation and reporting (and for other relevant tasks);
- Reimbursement of travel costs;
- Per diem to cover accommodation and subsistence costs.
Please send your CV and cover letter outlining your motivation, indicating the product categories of your expertise, and demonstrating your suitability to support and represent ECOS to Mathilde Crêpy at firstname.lastname@example.org by 25 February 2020 COB. Applications will be assessed by the secretariat on a rolling basis, applying ECOS procurement policy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.