CALL FOR EXPERTS – Fluorinated gases
ECOS is looking for experts in the field of fluorinated gases to represent and defend environmental interests in the development of standards and related policies. Our experts provide us with technical and scientific input and represent ECOS in standardisation processes and multi-stakeholder discussions.
Attempts have been made to reduce the negative environmental impacts of refrigerant technologies by replacing old generations F-gases with new ones. But replacing one synthetic refrigerant with another has not proved to be a sustainable solution. Fluorinated gases still have considerable impact on the climate, and their chemical properties are harmful to ecosystems and human health. ECOS advocates towards a shift to future-proof refrigerants through ambitious revision of the EU F-gas regulation and by removing barriers currently posed by unjustified charge limits in standards.
To this end, we are looking to strengthen our existing pool of experts who help provide scientific and technical input to underpin our arguments, and who represent ECOS in relevant fora. Interested candidates should be able to demonstrate in-depth technical and scientific knowledge on the chemical properties of fluorinated gases, their safety requirements and toxicity classification (e.g. ISO 817, EN 378).
The nominated experts will:
- Participate in technical meetings of CEN (and possibly ISO) meetings to promote ECOS position;
- Prepare technical input through official comments and contribution to ECOS position papers;
- Report to and liaise with the responsible ECOS Programme Manager;
- Exchange information with ECOS member organisations and other experts when needed.
- A daily fee for preparation of meetings, participation and reporting, as well as other relevant tasks;
- Reimbursement of travel costs;
- Per diem to cover accommodation and subsistence costs.
Please send your CV and cover letter outlining your motivation and demonstrating your suitability to support and represent ECOS to Carolina Koronen (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 01-10-2021 COB. Applications will be assessed by the secretariat on a rolling basis, applying ECOS procurement policy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.