CALL FOR EXPERTS – Fishing Gear
ECOS is looking for experts in the field of fishing gear to represent and defend environmental interests in the development of standards and related policies.
ECOS is looking for experts to support its work in this field. Interested candidates should be able to demonstrate in-depth technical and scientific knowledge on fishing gear design. They should also have professional experience with one or more of the following aspects: fishing gear durability and strength, reuse, refurbishment, remanufacture, recycling, recycled content, sustainability (e.g. impacts on marine life), test methods (e.g. for chemical aspects and toxic impacts).
Candidates should demonstrate a strong commitment to environmental NGO values and have proven written and oral communication and negotiation skills. Experience with or in-depth understanding of the policy context (e.g. waste and fishing legislation) and standardisation developments are considered strong assets. Fluency in English and absence of any conflict of interest are a must.
The nominated experts will:
- Participate in technical meetings of CEN to promote ECOS position;
- Prepare technical input through official comments and contribution to ECOS position papers;
- Report to and liaise with the responsible ECOS Programme Manager;
- Exchange information with ECOS member organisations and other experts when needed.
- A daily fee for preparation of meetings, participation and reporting, as well as other relevant tasks;
- Reimbursement of travel costs;
- Per diem to cover accommodation and subsistence costs.
Please send your CV and cover letter outlining your motivation and demonstrating your suitability to support and represent ECOS to Fanny Rateau firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 May 2021 COB. Applications will be assessed by the secretariat on a rolling basis, applying ECOS procurement policy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.