CALL FOR EXPERTS – Ecodesign Standards & Regulations
ECOS is looking for experts in the field of energy-related products under the Ecodesign framework to provide us with technical input and represent ECOS position in the development of standards and regulations.
What does an ECOS expert do?
- Participate in technical meetings of CEN/CENELEC (and ISO/IEC where appropriate) and/or in regulatory meetings to promote ECOS positions;
- Prepare technical input through official comments and position papers;
- Report to and liaise with the relevant ECOS Programme Manager;
- As requested exchange information with ECOS member organisations and other experts.
What is required?
The experts should have expertise in one or several of the below-mentioned product groups:
- Taps & showerheads
- Water pumps
- Computers & servers
- Refrigerating appliances
- Refrigerating containers
- Solar photovoltaics
- Smart appliances & building controls
- Uninterruptible power supplies
- Printers & game consoles
- Space and water heaters
- Smartphones, gateways & base stations
- Ventilation units
Interested candidates should be able to demonstrate in-depth knowledge in one or several of the aforementioned specific product groups. Experience with, and understanding of the EU Ecodesign and Energy Labelling policies, as well as energy and resource efficiency policies and standardisation developments will be considered a strong asset.
Candidates should demonstrate strong commitment to environmental NGO values and have proven written and oral communication and negotiation skills. Fluency in English and willingness to travel are required.
What does ECOS offer?
- A daily fee for preparation of meetings, participation and reporting (and for other relevant tasks);
- Reimbursement of travel costs;
- Per diem to cover accommodation and subsistence costs.
How to apply?
Please send your CV and cover letter outlining your motivation, indicating the product categories of your expertise and specifying your field of interest i.e. standardisation and/or regulation, and demonstrating your suitability to support and represent ECOS to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 October 2019 COB. Applications will be assessed by an internal selection panel on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.