CALL FOR EXPERTS – Chemicals
ECOS is looking for experts in the field of Chemicals across the entire value chain to provide us with technical and scientific input and represent ECOS position in the development of standards.
The nominated experts will:
- Participate in technical meetings of CEN (and EC expert groups if relevant) to promote ECOS positions;
- Prepare technical input through official comments and contribution to ECOS position papers;
- Report to and liaise with the relevant ECOS Programme Manager;
- Exchange information with ECOS member organisations and other experts as needed.
The candidates should have expertise in one or several of these areas:
- Chemicals and chemical additives in products (packaging, textiles, construction)
- Chemicals production/manufacturing process
- Detection methods for regulated and hazardous substances
- Toxicity & ecotoxicity of chemical substances
- Substitutes for chemicals of concern and associated performance characteristics
- Traceability of substances of concern and their communication across the supply chain (including towards recyclers and companies using recyclates)
- A daily fee for preparation of meetings, participation and reporting (and for other relevant tasks);
- Reimbursement of travel costs;
- Per diem to cover accommodation and subsistence costs.
Please send your CV and cover letter outlining your motivation, indicating the chemicals, and demonstrating your suitability to support and represent ECOS to Ioana Popescu at firstname.lastname@example.org by 27 October 2020 COB. Applications will be assessed by the secretariat on a rolling basis, applying ECOS procurement policy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.