ECOS is looking for expert(s) in the field of tyres to represent environmental interests in the development of the Tyre Labelling Regulation. Experts will provide...
Become an Expert
Do you want to represent ECOS and promote the environmental interests in the development of standards and technical environmental policies (Ecodesign)?
ECOS is always looking for experts who are willing to provide technical and scientific input to our staff and represent the organisation in technical discussions. This support will take place in accordance with ECOS’ strategy and European policy context, and include participation in meetings of the European and international standardisation organisations, Ecodesign process, and European Commission expert groups.
ECOS is the only environmental organisation specialised in standardisation and technical environmental policies in the world. ECOS represents 44 national, European and international environmental NGOs. ECOS actively contributes to the work of CEN, CENELEC, and ETSI at European level, and the IEC and ISO at international level. ECOS is also a member of the European Commission’s Ecodesign Consultation Forum.
ECOS regularly issues specific calls for experts (scroll down for existing and previous specific calls), but ECOS is continually looking for expertise in the following areas:
Climate change & clean energy
- Climate adaptation & climate finance
- Smart Homes & Buildings
- Electric vehicles
Product design and production processes
- Environmental Management
- Air quality
- Ecodesign & energy labelling
– product regulations
– test method standards
– material efficiency
– market surveillance
Turning waste into a resource and waste management
- Sludge and organic fertilisers
- Secondary raw materials
- Waste characterisation & management
- Waste electronics
The experts will be responsible for:
- Promoting ECOS’ views in technical committees and working groups of the standardisation organisations, ecodesign fora, and European Commission’s expert groups
- Participating in standardisation & ecodesign meetings, and influencing the process between meetings
- Preparing technical input including technical comments or position papers with the ECOS secretariat
- Actively monitoring and reporting on key technical developments in the area of expertise
- Participating in ECOS Taskforces to exchange information with ECOS member organisations and other experts
Interested candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- An in-depth knowledge in the topic area
- Experience with and understanding of the policy context of the topic area
- A strong commitment to environmental NGO values
- No conflict of interest
- Fluency in English is a must.
What we offer:
- A competitive daily remuneration (defined by ECOS funders) for meeting preparation, participation and reporting, as well as for any other tasks performed between meetings
- Reimbursement of travel costs
- Per diem to cover accommodation and subsistence costs
If interested, please send your CV and cover letter outlining your motivation to email@example.com, including mentions of relevant expertise and experience, and where you found this call for experts. Please indicate in the subject line of your email the topic(s) you are interested in.
ECOS is looking for experts in the field of chain of custody and traceability to represent environmental interests in the development of standards and to...
ECOS is looking for expert(s) in the field of circumvention of Ecodesign and Energy labelling legislation and standards to represent environmental interests in the H2020...