ECOS is looking for experts in the field of microplastics to provide us with technical and scientific input and represent ECOS position in the development of standards.
The nominated experts will:
- Participate in technical meetings of CEN/CENELEC and ISO to promote ECOS position;
- Prepare technical input through official comments and position papers;
- Report to and liaise with the relevant ECOS Programme Manager;
- As requested, exchange information with ECOS member organisations and other experts.
Interested candidates should be able to demonstrate in-depth technical/scientific knowledge on microplastic characterisation, sources of microplastics pollution (particularly tyre abrasion and microfibre wash-off from textiles) and (eco)toxicological aspects to assess environmental and health risks. In addition, it would be valuable to have knowledge on hazardous substances used in plastic products (additives such as flame retardants).
- A daily fee for preparation of meetings, participation and reporting (and for other relevant tasks);
- Reimbursement of travel costs;
- Per diem to cover accommodation and subsistence costs.
Please send your CV and cover letter outlining your motivation and demonstrating your suitability to support and represent ECOS to email@example.com by 15 February 2019 COB.